Big Brothers Big Sisters Hawaii
Now accepting applications for Wailuku-School Based Case Manager
Courtney Ikawa, MSW
Maui Regional Director
200 Waimaluhia Lane, Wailuku HI 96793
Na Keiki O Emalia
Executive Director, Na Keiki O Emalia
Na Keiki O Emalia is committed to helping children, teens, and their families heal after the death of a loved one. We’re looking for a highly skilled executive director to help us fulfill this important undertaking. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, motivating, directing, and management of our program.
NKOE provides a safe, nurturing and healing environment where youth 3-18 years of age share their experiences in peer support groups run by trained facilitators. Please visit: www.nkoemaui.org for more information about the program.
Ideal candidates for this position will share our dedication to the mission of Nā Keiki O Emalia and the commitment to help provide support to grieving children, teens, and their families. For a full description of the position and its responsibilities, please visit: www.nkoemaui.org/jobs
- ● Proven track record of success in a leadership position overseeing operations of an organization or program while maintaining solid relationships with staff, board, donors and community.
- ● An entrepreneurial spirit, preferably including experience developing and implementing public-private partnerships to achieve community-wide social and economic goals.
- ● Articulate, well-spoken, clear communicator who is comfortable speaking in front of an audience. Excellent written communication skills.
- ● Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation. Attention to detail and multitasking skills are required.
- ● Experience in social work or human services-related field preferred.
- ● Significant experience as a paid or volunteer leader at a not-for-profit organization.
- ● Strong working knowledge of technology, social media, and cloud-based software. (ie:Microsoft Applications, NEON, Quickbooks, and Constant Contact)
Application Process – To apply, please visit: https://www.hrsymphony.com/hrs/apply/1404/X47S . Resumes will be considered until August 31, 2019. Na Keiki O Emalia is an equal opportunity employer.
The Housing Administrator is responsible for the operations, management, and maintenance of Lokahi Pacific’s housing projects.
• Serve as administrator for Lokahi Pacific’s housing projects. Responsible in supervising and providing oversight in for recruiting tenants for housing projects; maintaining a wait list; processing tenant applications; collection of all rents; maintain, follow-up, update and re-certify as necessary all tenant files; process all necessary requests for rental increases with regard to each respective project; and enforce project House Rules.
• Responsible in supervising the day to day operations of Lokahi’s various housing projects including but not limited to maintenance, upkeep, dealing with tenant issues and being able to perform other housing duties as designated by the Executive Director.
• Serve as liaison between Lokahi Pacific and HUD. Responsible for incorporating and processing all of HUD Section 8 Rental Assistance rules, regulations, forms and documents as it relates to the respective projects.
• Responsible in assisting accountant in the preparation and review of annual budgets for all projects and oversee its submittal to HUD in a timely manner
• Assist as necessary in the daily operations of housing management i.e. tenant concerns, emergency repairs, housing fumigation/inspections, interviews with prospective tenants and other crisis situations that may arise.
• Assist Accounting Department in all areas of Housing Management i.e. budgeting, tenant rent payments, tenant collection actions, rental increases, draw down from reserves.
• Maintain access to the HUD Enterprize Income Verification. Keep updated to changes in policy and requirements.
• Learn and understand (IPM Software) HUD Program Software. Keep updated to changes in HUD Regulations that will impact the HUD Program Software. Authorize Housing Assistance Payments
• Oversee all County, State and Federal site/program audits.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in housing management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Federal and State housing programs.
• Demonstrated knowledge of State and Federal Housing laws, Housing guidelines, rules and practices for permanent supportive housing.
• Skills in establishing and maintaining harmonious working relations with those contacts in the course of work.
• Strong skills with computer programs such as Microsoft OS system, Microsoft Word and Excel.
• A working knowledge of the HUD Enterprize Income Verification system (being a certified user a plus)
Full-time position, salary negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
Employment of Lokahi Pacific is on an “at will” basis.
Lokahi Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Lender, Housing Provider and Employer.
21 days annual vacation leave, 14 days holiday and birthday leave, and 21 days annual sick leave
Health insurance with Kaiser or HMSA and dental insurance thru HDS
Lokahi Pacific Mission
Our mission is to improve the quality of life, both economically and socially, of residents of the County of Maui and other rural Hawaii communities. With goal-oriented vision and broad collaboration, Lokahi Pacific develops sensible and successful projects that enrich the economic climate of the county, increase the inventory of affordable and special needs rental housing and ensures that residents participate in that enrichment and share in its benefits.
Lokahi Pacific is guided by a volunteer board of directors and administered by an Executive Director and support staff. With decades of service to Maui County’s communities, Lokahi Pacific has developed effective management systems and boasts a successful track record of administering public and private funds.
Lokahi Pacific is an independent, private non-profit housing and community development organization chartered under the laws of the State of Hawaii and incorporated in 1971.
1935 Main Street, Ste 204
Wailuku, HI 96793
Phone: (808) 242-5761
Fax: (808) 244-2057