The Maui Non Profit Directors Association provides a recognized forum for non-profit organizations to exchange personal and professional support and to cultivate resources to benefit themselves, their organizations and the community of Maui.
2019 MNPD Board Officers & Board of Directors
- President: Bevanne Bowers of Mediation Services of Maui
- Vice President: Cassandra Abdul of Na Hale O Maui
- Treasurer: Sherri Dodson of Habitat for Humanity Maui
- Secretary: Richard Carr of Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation
Board of Directors:
- Immediate Past President: Debbie Cabebe of Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Rev. Florentino Cordova of Iao United Church of Christ
- Marshall Norman of Job Corps Hawaii, Maui Branch
- Nicholas Winfrey of Maui United Way
Members of the Maui Non-Profit Directors are paid Executive Directors of Maui non-profit agencies or Deputy Directors who are next in line for the ED post, or the top level paid Administrators of the agencies. Five reasons to be a member:
- Network with fellow Non-Profit Executive Directors
- Regularly meet with Government Officials
- Collaborate on projects important to your non-profit
- Timely information on Federal, State & County policy
- Topical Speakers and Seminars
Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month with networking beginning at 8 am. Please send your request for more information to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mahalo to Pacific Source, the Builder’s Choice, for sponsoring Maui Non Profit Notes, our weekly radio show which has aired on KAOI radio for the past nine years. Each week two member agencies tell real life stories about how they‘re working to support the needs within our community, the sharing of experiences, the histories of the issues our agencies face on a daily basis, the needs in our community. From serving the very young to the seniors, from medical issues to societal issues, from offering that hand up to sometimes when that outstretched hand gives the lift that makes all the difference in the world to someone in need. Join host Susie Thieman for Maui Non Profit Notes from noon-1 pm each Wednesday.
MNPD Speed Dating Event
It’s with great pleasure that we invite you to the only speed dating you’ll need this Valentine’s Day! Maui Non Profit Directors Association is looking for the best and brightest to connect with our county’s most impactful nonprofits to learn more about the work being done to provide a hand up to those needing it the most.
This is your chance to learn about various nonprofits and determine which may be a good fit for you as a potential board member.
- Think of this as your “wish list” for what your perfect agency match would be.
- What is your passion?
- Is the nonprofit’s mission in alignment with your priorities or values?
- Can you make commitment of time, talent & treasur?
- Check out our list of participating organizations in the “Members” tab above and see if any catch your eye. It may be love at first sight.
- Come with an open mind to our “Speed Dates” and be prepared for some one on one time with the potential of finding your perfect match to better serve Maui County!
- If you, or members of your staff are looking for an opportunity to “give back”, join us for lunch and find out all about us
We’re incredibly excited to meet you and other leaders in the community to see how we can better server those that need a helping hand every once in a while.
Maui Non Profit Directors Association
Speed Dating Event
February 13, 2020 – Maui Economic Opportunity
Lunch – 11:00 am
Speed Dating – 11:30 am
Pau – 1:00 pm
Please let us know you’ll be attending by RSVP’ing with the link below