MNPDA Annual Meeting and Leadership Awards
The Maui Non Profit Directors Association provides a recognized forum for non-profit organizations to exchange personal and professional support and to cultivate resources to benefit themselves, their organizations and the community of Maui.
Mahalo to Pacific Source, the Builder’s Choice, for sponsoring Maui Non Profit Notes, our weekly radio show which has aired on KAOI radio for the past nine years. Each week two member agencies tell real life stories about how they‘re working to support the needs within our community, the sharing of experiences, the histories of the issues our agencies face on a daily basis, the needs in our community. From serving the very young to the seniors, from medical issues to societal issues, from offering that hand up to sometimes when that outstretched hand gives the lift that makes all the difference in the world to someone in need. Join host Susie Thieman for Maui Non Profit Notes from noon-1 pm each Wednesday.
2018 MNPD Board Officers & Board of Directors
- President: Debbie Cabebe of Maui Economic Opportunity, Inc.
- Vice President: Bevanne Bowers of Mediation Services of Maui
- Treasurer: Sherri Dodson of Habitat for Humanity Maui
- Secretary: Richard Carr of Hawaii Animal Rescue Foundation
Board of Directors:
- Immediate Past President: Paul Tonnessen of the Friends of the Childrens’s Justice Center
- Caroline Kilhour of Hui No’eau Visual Arts Center
- Casandra Abdul of Na Hale O Maui
- JD Wyatt of Big Brothers Big Sisters of Maui
Members of the Maui Non-Profit Directors are paid Executive Directors of Maui non-profit agencies or Deputy Directors who are next in line for the ED post, or the top level paid Administrators of the agencies. Five reasons to be a member:
- Network with fellow Non-Profit Executive Directors
- Regularly meet with Government Officials
- Collaborate on projects important to your non-profit
- Timely information on Federal, State & County policy
- Topical Speakers and Seminars
Meetings are held on the 2nd Thursday of each month with networking beginning at 8 am. Please send your request for more information to: email@example.com.
The Maui Nonprofit Directors Association is accepting nominations for the following awards:
Nominate an outstanding business that supports nonprofits
- Evidence of financial support of philanthropic projects in Maui County
- Impact of the gift
- In-kind contributions to support a nonprofit
- Evidence of encouraging and motivating its employees to take leadership roles and serve on boards and participate in community activities
Nominate an outstanding individual who freely gives of time, talent and treasure
- Time, effort and financial commitment spent on philanthropic activities
- Evidence of success in stewardship, recruiting, and motivating others
Nominate an outstanding Nonprofit Executive Director
- Improving programs and services
Nominees and winners will be announced at the MNPD Annual Meeting and Leadership Awards on Thursday, October 11, 2018 at 5:30 p.m. at the Maui Arts and Cultural Center.
Nomination forms are due no later than Friday, September 13, 2018. Applications are available by clicking the links above . Completed applications can be mailed to, Maui Nonprofit Directors Association, P.O. Box 1186 Puunene, HI 96784 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information please call Debbie Cabebe at (808)249-2990.